Another family member

Begonnen von Will, 15 August 2015, 16:10:47

« vorheriges - nächstes »

Will

Hello all,
I have gained another member for my family.  :D :D
2 previous owners with the last owner 21 years. I had one of this model some years ago and regretted selling it, now I have another! ;D ;D

I was not lost - I just found a different way to go.

berndr253

A very nice bike - indeed - but very red and without black lines  ;D!

Wish you nice and troublefree trips!

Bernd

rolf

Oha ....a LS...Pretty...and rare!

cledrera

I guess there is a beemer`s nest in England?  ;D

Well done Will,
a nice bike.

Clemens

Will

An update on the new family member. She has been used for every trip this year and the pleasure gets better each time.
Last Sunday I joined up with some friends from the VMCC in North Cumbria covering 161 miles on minor and A class roads.
I have posted photos on the single cylinder forum in - Where was I yesterdy?

Will

The big one!
The title refers to the trip I completed last week on my red 1981 R65LS riding from my home in Cumbria, down to Lands End then up to John O'Groats before returning back home to Cumbria.
2004 miles in total covering around 200 + miles each day as part of a charity ride for the Notts & Lincs Air Ambulance. There were around 30 machines and riders, a couple with pillions all riding on classic Airhead BMW's (www.theairhead.co.uk) from 1930's to the early 1990's. My last part of the trip from John O'Groats to home 431 miles, was completed in one day with two short stops. The bike purred and burbled away without any problems apart from a blown fuse, through some very bad weather, rain, gales and occasionally some sunshine.

Ready for the long ride home

The arrival point at Lands End

Will

Another year has passed and I have covered 5,000 miles on the new family member.
The longest ride in one day was 431 miles from John O ' Groats to home and the longest trip was 2004 miles on a Lands End to J O'G charity ride for the Air Ambulance.

Hauptmenü

Startseite Baureihe Vergleichsliste Specials Anleitungen & Bücher

Presse & Wissen

Historisches Liste der BMW Modelle Bauzeiten & Stückzahlen Prospekte & Plakate Presseberichte

Tipps & Service

Tipps Händler Dienstleister Märkte & Museen Verschleißteile & Werkzeuge

Foren & Literatur

Bildtafel-Suche Forum: Einzylinder Bildergalerie Servicedaten Handbücher

Allgemeine Infos

Kontakt Sitemap Glossar Impressum Bildtafelsuche